ASPiH 10th Anniversary Conference- Registration Now Open!
Dear NISHFN Members,
Registration is now open for the upcoming 10th Anniversary ASPiH Conference which will take place this year at the Waterfront Hall Belfast on 4th-6th November 2019 as a joint event with NISHFN and the IAS.
This will be an exciting opportunity for the three organisations to come together to share latest research and best practice regarding simulation-based education and human factors (SBE/ HF) training in healthcare. It is also an opportunity to showcase some of the excellent work being carried out locally to a U.K. wide audience.
A programme is being finalised but confirmed speakers include:
- Walter Eppich, Associate Professor of Paediatrics and Medical Education at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Ruth Endacott, Professor of Critical Care Nursing at Monash university Melbourne and Director at Plymouth University Clinical School
- Mark Gallagher, Founder and CEO of Performance Insights and Formula One Executive
- Nigel Packham, Manager of the Flight Safety Office, NASA Johnson Space Center
- Helen Higham, Consultant Anaesthetist and Senior Clinical Research Fellow at University of Oxford
- Paul O’Connor, Lecturer in Primary Care, Co-Director of the Masters/ Diploma in Simulation and Patient Safety and ICAPSS Research Director at the National University of Ireland
Biographies for the speakers can be found here: http://www.aspihconference.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/PRE-CONS-2.png
A series of pre-conference workshops will also take place on Monday 4th November as below:
The Research Symposium will host some of our accredited speakers including Nigel Packham and Walter Eppich, as well as Debra Nestel, Professor of Simulation Education in Healthcare at Monash University Melbourne. This event will support individuals to develop simulation research as well as offer them 1:1 consultations regarding their research and the opportunity to ask questions to an acclaimed panel of Editors/ Sub-editors of peer-reviewed medical journals regarding the best approaches for publication of research.
All pre-conference workshops can be booked alongside your conference registration.
Early bird registration is open until 9th September 2019. For more details and to register, click on the following link: https://aspih.org.uk/aspih-2019-belfast/. Don’t miss out!