NISHFN Healthcare Human Factors Faculty Development Course
October 23 - October 25
This 3-day faculty development course will be held on 23rd – 25th October 2019. The course will be led by nationally recognised Human Factors Trainers and Consultants and delegates will be mentored and supported to deliver the same training alongside a faculty partner.
Why do we think this course needed?
Patient Safety is becoming synonymous with the term Human Factors however they are not necessarily the same thing. Often local training which claims to be about ‘Human Factors’ is limited to individual and team behaviours and does not grapple with the systems factors that drive behaviours and potentially unsafe outcomes. We want to bring human factors principles into our local healthcare system.
The course aims to prepare faculty to deliver a 1-day ‘Introduction to Human Factors in Healthcare’ training course so future faculty are:
- able to improve patient safety within their teams/organisations
- equipped with human factors principles and techniques
- enabled to take a systems approach to safety
- The curriculum will:
- explore interactions between humans, tasks, equipment, technology & environments
- use methods to analyse a system of work
- provide an up-to-date overview of safety science evidence
- identify opportunities for redesign